- URMC’s Corporate Social Media Portfolio
- Personal Use of Social Media
- Participating in Existing URMC sites
- Professional Use of Social Media
- Considering a Social Media Presence?
- Getting Approval (Applying for a Social Media Application)
- Managing Your Platform
- Having Your Platform in URMC's Footer
Participating in Existing URMC sites
We have established a number of institutionally sanctioned, regularly monitored platforms and we encourage faculty and staff participation in these platforms.
When posting a comment on an official URMC social media platform (e.g., the URMC Facebook site or our URMC Scripts blog ):
- Keep comments accurate and factual. (URMC reserves the right to delete spam and/or comments that are inappropriate or off-topic).
- Disclose any conflicts of interest.
- Never disclose protected health information without official, signed HIPAA permission from the patient or research subject. This includes photos related to patients or their care.
If you notice a negative comment, immediately contact the Public Relations Office. Do not attempt to correct or argue with the individual who posted the comment.