Strong Health Announces Leadership Slate
August 26, 1998
Strong Health has announced its new leadership structure with expanded, system-wide responsibilities for members of its leadership team. According to Strong Health President and CEO Jay H. Stein, M.D.
, the changes are designed to position the integrated delivery system to thrive by matching talents and experience with system needs. The appointments are effective immediately.
"It speaks highly of the Strong Health system that we are able to look within our existing leadership team for the expertise and innovative spirit needed to move us forward," Stein said. "This new leadership structure will allow us to grow our strengths while applying attention to areas of collective opportunity." Working within the existing team of principals also allows Strong Health to avoid adding additional overhead expense, he added.
Under the direction of Stein, the following individuals have assumed senior leadership positions within Strong Health"
- Jeanine Arden Ornt, Esq., who has been named Vice President and General Counsel. As such, Jeanine will oversee legal affairs for the list of Strong Health affiliates.
- Leo P. Brideau, who is Vice President for Strong Health’s Regional Network and Managed Care Contracting. Leo will continue his efforts to strengthen partnerships with referring hospitals throughout the region and will also represent Strong Health in managed care contract negotiations with third-party payors.
- Steven I. Goldstein, who has been appointed Vice President for Acute Care for Strong Health. Steve will continue to serve as General Director and CEO for Strong Memorial Hospital and, within the context of this new system appointment, will have an additional role as CEO of Highland Hospital, beginning November 1. This dual role makes Steve responsible for acute care integration for the Strong Health system.
- Michael G. Goonan, who will serve as Vice President of Finance for Strong Health. In this capacity, Mike will be responsible for the system wide financial performance and monitoring.
- Sally Leiter, President of Visiting Nurse Service, who has been appointed Vice President for Home Care and Care Management for Strong Health. Sally will work with staff at all Strong Health affiliates to build seamless, cost-effective patient care pathways that smooth transitions from pre-hospital to acute care to long term care and/or community-based settings.
- Raymond J. Mayewski, M.D., who will assume additional responsibility as Vice President and Chief Medical Officer for Strong Health while continuing to serve as Strong Memorial Hospital Medical Director.
- Peter G. Robinson, who has been named Vice President of Strategic Planning, Marketing and Operations for Strong Health. Peter will continue to oversee Strong Health operations and ensure that the system is positioned to be successful with the right programs and services.
- Michael J. Weidner, who will serve as Strong Health’s Vice President for Primary and Long Term Care. This position will allow Mike to devote his full-time energy to developing Strong Health’s primary and ambulatory care network, and to extending Strong Health’s care options for our chronically ill and elderly patients.
Formed in 1995, Strong Health is the integrated delivery system that includes Strong Memorial Hospital, Children's Hospital at Strong, Highland Hospital, Eastman Dental Center and long term care affiliates, the Highland at Pittsford and the Meadows at Westfall, as well as nearly 900 affiliated physicians. Earlier this year, the system received approval to add Visiting Nurse Service to the list of Strong Health affiliates.