Stick to Your Fitness Resolutions with Charitable Cycling Workout
January 08, 2008
Sure, your regular workout may raise endorphins. But come February, it could also raise funds for Golisano Children's Hospital.
If you’re in need of a short-term goal to jumpstart your New Year’s fitness resolution, you’re in luck. When you register for the 3rd annual Cycle for Hope, set for Saturday, Feb. 2, you’ll join hundreds of cyclists for an all-day spinning marathon that not only burns calories, but also benefits kids at both Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong and Camp Good Days and Special Times.
At last year’s event, nearly 200 cyclists – spread across a dozen health clubs and fitness centers citywide – pedaled to raise $19,000.
Participants pay $20 per hour they spend on bikes (they are encouraged to cover this fee by soliciting pledges), and must contact the club of their choice in advance to register and to reserve their time slots on bikes. As the event is open to the public, both club members and non-members alike are welcome to sign up at the following clubs:
- World Gym, 1717 East Ave., Rochester; call (585) 271-0440.
- Personal Health Approach, 3450 Winton Place, Rochester; call (585) 232-8888.
- Midtown Athletic Club, 200 East Highland Drive, Rochester; call (585) 461-2300.
- Gold's Gym, 730 Ridge Road East, Rochester; call (585) 467-4688.
- Penfield Fitness & Racquet Club, 776 Panorama Trail West, Rochester; call (585) 586-7777.
- Flex Gym, 605 Culver Road, Rochester; call (585) 654-7122.
- Rochester Athletic Club – Greece, 1544 Ridge Road West, Rochester; call (585) 621-3333.
- Rochester Athletic Club – Henrietta, 21 Goodway Drive, Rochester; call (585) 424-2222.
- Rochester Athletic Club – Pittsford, 3400 Monroe Ave., Pittsford; call (585) 899-6666.
- The Iron Butterfly, 7493 Route 96, Victor; call (585) 924-1540.
- YMCA – Penfield, 1835 Fairport Nine Mile Point Road, Penfield; call (585) 341-4000.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three fundraisers. Complimentary light refreshments will be provided at each club. For more information, visit www.gchas.org, contact any participating club, or call Karen Eisenberg at (585) 273-1462.