Get Your Wheels in Motion to Help Kids
January 05, 2009
Cycle for Hope offers a way to follow through with fitness and fundraising goals.
There’s no excuse to drop New Year’s resolutions with Cycle for Hope kicking into gear later this month. The 5th annual cycling event will be held at a dozen health clubs and fitness centers across Ontario and Monroe counties. Between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 31, motivated do-gooders will pedal up funds for Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong and Camp Good Days and Special Times. Rochester Athletic Club locations will hold Cycle for Hope on Saturday, Jan. 24.
Participants need not be members of the club they participate at, but they must contact the club of their choice in advance to register. They are encouraged to solicit pledges to pay for their $20 per hour on bikes. To register, fill out the registration form at www.cycle4hope.org and submit it to the local fitness club you wish to participate at. Last year, hundreds of cyclists joined in, raising more than $23,000 for the two organizations. This huge event promises to rev up your metabolism and giving spirit. The following clubs invite those interested to get involved:
- Personal Health Approach, 3450 Winton Place, Rochester; call (585) 232-8888.
- Gold's Gym, 730 Ridge Road East, Rochester; call (585) 467-4688.
- The Iron Butterfly, 7493 Route 96, Victor; call (585) 924-1540.
- Midtown Athletic Club, 200 East Highland Drive, Rochester; call (585) 461-2300.
- Penfield Fitness & Racquet Club, 776 Panorama Trail West, Rochester; call (585) 586-7777.
- Rochester Athletic Club – Greece, 1544 Ridge Road West, Rochester; call (585) 621-3333.
- Rochester Athletic Club – Henrietta, 21 Goodway Drive, Rochester; call (585) 424-2222.
- Rochester Athletic Club – Pittsford, 3400 Monroe Ave., Pittsford; call (585) 899-6666.
- Flex Gym, 605 Culver Road, Rochester; call (585) 654-7122.
- World Gym, 1717 East Ave., Rochester; call (585) 271-0440.
- YMCA – Eastside, 1835 Fairport Nine Mile Point Road, Penfield; call (585) 341-4000.
- YMCA – Westside, 920 Elmgrove Rd., Rochester; call (585) 247-3501.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three fundraisers. Complimentary light refreshments will be served at each club. For more information, go to www.cycle4hope.org, contact any of the participating clubs, or call the Golisano Children’s Hospital’s advancement office at (585) 273-5948.