Get Moving for a Cause with Cycle for Hope
Spinning Event Benefits Golisano Children’s Hospital and Camp Good Days
January 26, 2011
Toss aside the sedentary lifestyle that usually accompanies this season’s arctic temperatures and get those endorphins flowing at the Cycle for Hope spinning fundraiser. The seventh annual indoor exercise event, which runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 5, will take place at the Penfield Racquet and Fitness Club and other participating fitness centers.
Last year’s event raised $29,000 for Golisano Children’s Hospital at the University of Rochester Medical Center and Camp Good Days and Special Times. This year, the two non-profit organizations are hoping Cycle for Hope’s a new interactive registration page, available at http://bit.ly/CycleforHope, will help participants top last year’s total.
Cyclists ages 16 and older of all fitness levels are welcome to participate. Those interested do not need to be a member at any participating fitness centers to register. Everyone is encouraged to raise $20 per hour of cycling, which can range from one hour to six hours.
Participating clubs are as follows:
- Bally Total Fitness, 1225 Jefferson Rd., Rochester; call (585) 427-7890.
- Eastside YMCA1835 Fairport Nine Mile Point Road, Penfield; call (585) 341-4000.,
- Midtown Athletic Club200 East Highland Drive, Rochester; call (585) 461-2300.,
- Nazareth College Shults Center, 4245 Eave Ave., Rochester; (585) 389-2525.
- Penfield Racquet and Fitness Club776 Panorama Trail West, Rochester; call (585) 586-7777.,
- Rochester Athletic Club, 1544 Ridge Road West, Rochester; call (585) 621-3333.
- Rochester Athletic Club, 21 Goodway Drive, Rochester; call (585) 424-2222.
- Rochester Athletic Club, 3400 Monroe Ave., Pittsford; call (585) 899-6666.
Questions about participating can be directed to Tabitha Gerwitz at (585) 624-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or to register, please stop by a participating club or visit www.cycle4hope.org.