For the greatest scientific and clinical expertise, it only makes sense to rely on an institution that is renowned for research. The University of Rochester ranks 17th in research publication citations and the University of Rochester Medical Center is 23rd in National Institute of Health funding.
National leadership in clinical research. We are part of the University of Rochester Medical Center, which was one of the initial recipients of the National Institute of Health’s Clinical Translational Science Award, and the only one to construct a dedicated Clinical Translational Science building on campus. URMC also houses the Center for Human Experimental Therapeutics, Clinical Trials Coordination Center and Clinical Materials Services Unit, all of which are designed to facilitate the performance of clinical trials at URMC. As a result, our laboratory staff and leadership are immersed in a culture that supports clinical trials.
Strong clinician-investigator faculty leadership in Clinical and Anatomic Pathology. Our Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine has built a diverse and experienced faculty who provide clinical service, translational and clinical research as well as administrative leadership. This faculty provides a tremendous resource for our clients in their ability to evaluate laboratory testing protocols and results in the context of national trends, regulatory developments and the science in their fields.
- Clinical Pathology Expertise
- Safety Testing
- Clinical Chemistry & Urinalysis
- Hematology & Coagulation
- Transfusion Medicine
- Specialized Testing
- Biochemical Genetics
- Cytogenetics (Karyotyping, FISH, Array CGH)
- Flow Cytometry
- Mass spectrometry (Therapeutic monitoring, Pharmacokinetics)
- Microbiology (Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Parasitology)
- Molecular Testing (Hematology, Oncology, Infectious Disease, Genetic Disorders)
- Tissue Typing/ Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA)
- Toxicology (Therapeutic drug monitoring, drug screen, drugs of abuse testing)
- Anatomic Pathology Expertise
- Surgical Pathology- with defined sub-specialties in breast, dermatological, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, organ transplant, pulmonary, renal
- Histopathology Services
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Tissue Microarrays (TMAs)
- Cytopathology (Gyn and Non-Gyn)
- Electron Microscopy- diagnostic and renal pathology
Contact Us - Call Jeff Chimera, Senior Director, Business Development at 919.304.6425 or send Jeff an email.