The Department of Pharmacy at the University of Rochester Medical Center provides efficient, patient-focused pharmacy services to Strong Memorial and Highland Hospital inpatients, outpatients and emergency department patients, as well as to specific groups of patients in the Rochester community.
The Department of Pharmacy is dedicated to:
- Servicing the needs of our patients and staff by providing drug information for both patients and medical professionals and promoting safe and cost effective drug therapy
- Education and training of future pharmacists by promoting teaching internships and residency programs
- Cutting-edge scientific research programs, working to better understand how the human body functions and alleviate human diseases
The Pharmacy department offers six outpatient pharmacies and two inpatient pharmacies at Strong Memorial Hospital and at Highland Hospital.
Our outpatient pharmacies include:
- The Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy
- The Strong Memorial Hospital Infectious Disease Clinic Satellite
- The James P. Wilmot Cancer Center Satellite
- The Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy
- The Highland South Wedge Pharmacy (services all patients)
- The Highland Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy
- The Highland Pharmacy at Jordan Health Center (services all patients)
- The Strong Long Term Care Pharmacy
Our outpatient pharmacies serving only University of Rochester employees include:
- The University of Rochester Medical Center Pharmacy
- The University of Rochester Medical Center Specialty Pharmacy
Pharmacy Department Earns National Award—Twice!
The University of Rochester Medical Center is the only organization that has earned the Best Practices Award from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists more than once since the award's inception in 1999. The following programs have been recognized for their accomplishments.
2003 – Establishment of an Ambulatory Pharmacy in a Community Mental Health Center. Thomas E. O'Brien, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP; Kumar Maharj, MSBA, BCPP, FASCP; David Olson, Ph.D., R.Ph. Read more about the award.
2005 – Pharmacists Enhancing Patient Safety During Trauma Resuscitations. Sarah Kelly-Pisciotti, Pharm.D.; Daniel Hays, Pharm.D., BCPS; Thomas E. O'Brien, Pharm.D., M.S., FASHP; Mark Gestring, M.D., FACS; Rollin Fairbanks, M.D., M.S.; Matthew Metz.
Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy
Highland South Wedge Pharmacy
Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy
Infectious Disease Clinic Pharmacy
URMC Employee Pharmacy
URMC Specialty Pharmacy
(585) 273-4767 Or (855) 340-4767
Highland Pharmacy at Jordan Health Center
James P. Wilmot Cancer Center Pharmacy
Investigational Drug Studies