Spinal Cord Injury Clinic
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Clinic is held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday afternoon of each month in the Outpatient Rehabilitation area. After discharge from the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, we recommend that patients attend the clinic for the first one to three months, depending on individual needs and care issues. After that, a yearly SCI Clinic visit is recommended.
The SCI Clinic is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of specialists, including:
- Rehabilitation Physicians (Physiatrists) evaluate and perform screening for secondary impairment and disability and early detection of neurologic changes.
- Spinal Cord Injury nurses see each patient and evaluate skin integrity, bladder and bowel management, and care-giving and home care needs.
- Physical Therapists see each patient and evaluate mobility, transfers, positioning, pressure relief, range of motion, and equipment needs.
- Occupational Therapists evaluate patients regarding aspects of self care, including eating, grooming, dressing, bathing, communication, and homemaking.
- Social Workers help to problem solve issues related to community resources and funding.
- Neuropsychologists can evaluate and make recommendations on cognitive dysfunction in those who sustained a concomitant brain injury.
- Speech Pathologists manage problems related to swallowing dysfunction.
For more information about the SCI Clinic, contact us at (585) 275-3271.
- Physiatry (Physician) Services, Integrated Cognitive Rehabilitation Program and Inpatient Services: (585) 275-3271
- Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy:
Learn more about our locations.