Welcome to the Center for Primary Care
What Makes Us Different?
The Center for Primary Care is a unique community where patients and their doctors have a close relationship that can lead to your better overall health and wellness!
We are part of the area’s only Academic Medical Center – the University of Rochester Medical Center. What does this mean for you? We have tougher requirements for our doctors and higher standards for our staff, as well as a close working relationship with colleagues at Strong Memorial Hospital and Highland Hospital.
It is very important that all of the people taking care of you have access to your medical chart, and the Center for Primary care uses electronic medical records at all of our practices.
We have twenty-two doctors’ offices throughout Monroe county, as well as Livingston county, so you can find the right doctor who is near your home or work.
Our newest accomplishment is being certified as a Level 3 (the highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This new model of care promotes a partnership between patients, their doctor, and a personal team of health care providers. This type of care focuses on the whole person, and allows the physician to spend more time with their patients. Here are a few benefits of being part of the Center for Primary Care’s Patient-Centered Medical Home:
- Team approach to health care management, including the doctor, nurse and care manager
- Prevention and early intervention of illnesses
- Data coordinators who keep track of follow-up visits, tests, preventive health measures, and potential gaps in care
- Patients who have chronic illnesses (such as diabetes, COPD, etc.) can be monitored more closely to be sure they are receiving the necessary treatments
We encourage you to call (585) 784-8891 to speak with a person who can find the best doctor for you and your family.
Get Well, Stay Well with the Right Doctor
- Over 100 Primary Care Doctors
- 23 Locations in Monroe and Livingston Counties
- Specializing in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and Internal Medicine/ Pediatrics
- Our Doctors work closely with the area’s top specialists at Strong Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital, and Golisano Children’s Hospital
...so you can feel confident you’ll get exceptional care for you and your whole family