"Growth Hormone" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A polypeptide that is secreted by the adenohypophysis (PITUITARY GLAND, ANTERIOR). Growth hormone, also known as somatotropin, stimulates mitosis, cell differentiation and cell growth. Species-specific growth hormones have been synthesized.
- Growth Hormone
- Pituitary Growth Hormone
- Growth Hormone, Pituitary
Growth Hormone, Recombinant
- Growth Hormone, Recombinant
- Pituitary Growth Hormones, Recombinant
- Recombinant Pituitary Growth Hormones
- Recombinant Growth Hormones
- Growth Hormones, Recombinant
- Recombinant Growth Hormone
- Somatotropins, Recombinant
- Somatotropin, Recombinant
- Recombinant Somatotropin
- Growth Hormones Pituitary, Recombinant
- Recombinant Somatotropins
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Growth Hormone".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Growth Hormone".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Growth Hormone" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Growth Hormone" was a major or minor topic of these publication.