"Velopharyngeal Insufficiency" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Failure of the SOFT PALATE to reach the posterior pharyngeal wall to close the opening between the oral and nasal cavities. Incomplete velopharyngeal closure is primarily related to surgeries (ADENOIDECTOMY; CLEFT PALATE) or an incompetent PALATOPHARYNGEAL SPHINCTER. It is characterized by hypernasal speech.
- Velopharyngeal Insufficiency
- Insufficiency, Velopharyngeal
- Palatopharyngeal Incompetence
- Incompetence, Palatopharyngeal
- Velopharyngeal Incompetence
- Incompetence, Velopharyngeal
- Inadequate Velopharyngeal Closure
- Velopharyngeal Closures, Inadequate
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Velopharyngeal Insufficiency".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Velopharyngeal Insufficiency".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Velopharyngeal Insufficiency" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Velopharyngeal Insufficiency" was a major or minor topic of these publication.