Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor
"Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An acidic glycoprotein of MW 23 kDa with internal disulfide bonds. The protein is produced in response to a number of inflammatory mediators by mesenchymal cells present in the hemopoietic environment and at peripheral sites of inflammation. GM-CSF is able to stimulate the production of neutrophilic granulocytes, macrophages, and mixed granulocyte-macrophage colonies from bone marrow cells and can stimulate the formation of eosinophil colonies from fetal liver progenitor cells. GM-CSF can also stimulate some functional activities in mature granulocytes and macrophages.
|Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor
- Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor
- Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor
- Tumor-Cell Human GM Colony-Stimulating Factor
- Tumor Cell Human GM Colony Stimulating Factor
- Histamine-Producing Cell-Stimulating Factor
- Cell-Stimulating Factor, Histamine-Producing
- Histamine Producing Cell Stimulating Factor
- Colony-Stimulating Factor, Granulocyte-Macrophage
- Colony Stimulating Factor, Granulocyte Macrophage
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor" was a major or minor topic of these publication.