"Meglutol" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
An antilipemic agent which lowers cholesterol, triglycerides, serum beta-lipoproteins and phospholipids. It acts by interfering with the enzymatic steps involved in the conversion of acetate to hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A as well as inhibiting the activity of HYDROXYMETHYLGLUTARYL COA REDUCTASES which is the rate limiting enzyme in the biosynthesis of cholesterol.
- 3-Hydroxy-3-methylpentanedioic Acid
- 3 Hydroxy 3 methylpentanedioic Acid
- Acid, 3-Hydroxy-3-methylpentanedioic
- beta Hydroxy beta Methylglutarate
- 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaric Acid
- 3 Hydroxy 3 methylglutaric Acid
- Acid, 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaric
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Meglutol".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Meglutol".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Meglutol" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Meglutol" was a major or minor topic of these publication.