"Ganglioneuroblastoma" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A moderately malignant neoplasm composed of primitive neuroectodermal cells dispersed in myxomatous or fibrous stroma intermixed with mature ganglion cells. It may undergo transformation into a neuroblastoma. It arises from the sympathetic trunk or less frequently from the adrenal medulla, cerebral cortex, and other locations. Cervical ganglioneuroblastomas may be associated with HORNER SYNDROME and the tumor may occasionally secrete vasoactive intestinal peptide, resulting in chronic diarrhea.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Ganglioneuroblastoma".
- Diseases [C]
- Neoplasms [C04]
- Neoplasms by Histologic Type [C04.557]
- Neoplasms, Germ Cell and Embryonal [C04.557.465]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors [C04.557.465.625]
- Neoplasms, Neuroepithelial [C04.557.465.625.600]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive [C04.557.465.625.600.590]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive, Peripheral [C04.557.465.625.600.590.650]
- Neuroblastoma [C04.557.465.625.600.590.650.550]
- Ganglioneuroblastoma [C04.557.465.625.600.590.650.550.300]
- Neoplasms, Glandular and Epithelial [C04.557.470]
- Neoplasms, Neuroepithelial [C04.557.470.670]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive [C04.557.470.670.590]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive, Peripheral [C04.557.470.670.590.650]
- Neuroblastoma [C04.557.470.670.590.650.550]
- Ganglioneuroblastoma [C04.557.470.670.590.650.550.300]
- Neoplasms, Nerve Tissue [C04.557.580]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors [C04.557.580.625]
- Neoplasms, Neuroepithelial [C04.557.580.625.600]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive [C04.557.580.625.600.590]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors, Primitive, Peripheral [C04.557.580.625.600.590.650]
- Neuroblastoma [C04.557.580.625.600.590.650.550]
- Ganglioneuroblastoma [C04.557.580.625.600.590.650.550.300]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Ganglioneuroblastoma".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Ganglioneuroblastoma" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Ganglioneuroblastoma" was a major or minor topic of these publication.