"Fluorescein" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A phthalic indicator dye that appears yellow-green in normal tear film and bright green in a more alkaline medium, such as the aqueous humor, and is used therapeutically as a diagnostic aid in corneal injuries and corneal trauma. It has been approved by FDA for use in externally applied drugs and cosmetics. (From Merck Index, 12th ed; American Medical Association Drug Evaluations; 1995, p2275)
- Dioptic Brand of Fluorescein Sodium
- Disodium Fluorescein
- Fluorescein, Disodium
- Fluorescein Disodium Salt
- Disodium Salt, Fluorescein
- Fluorescein Sodium
- Sodium, Fluorescein
- Sodium Fluorescein
- Fluorescein, Sodium
- Colircusi Fluoresceina
- Fluoresceina, Colircusi
- Alcon Brand of Fluorescein Sodium
- Novartis Brand of Fluorescein Sodium
- Minims Fluoresceine
- Fluoresceine, Minims
- Cahill May Roberts Brand of Fluorescein Sodium
- Fluorescéine sodique Faure
- Ful Glo
- Sola-Barnes-Hind Brand of Fluorescein Sodium
- Sola Barnes Hind Brand of Fluorescein Sodium
- Allergan Brand of Fluorescein Sodium
- Minims Stains
- Smith & Nephew Brand of Fluorescein Sodium
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Fluorescein".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Fluorescein".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Fluorescein" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Fluorescein" was a major or minor topic of these publication.