Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
"Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Anti-inflammatory agents that are not steroids. In addition to anti-inflammatory actions, they have analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions. They are used primarily in the treatment of chronic arthritic conditions and certain soft tissue disorders associated with pain and inflammation. They act by blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins by inhibiting cyclooxygenase, which converts arachidonic acid to cyclic endoperoxides, precursors of prostaglandins. Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis accounts for their analgesic, antipyretic, and platelet-inhibitory actions; other mechanisms may contribute to their anti-inflammatory effects. Certain NSAIDs also may inhibit lipoxygenase enzymes or TYPE C PHOSPHOLIPASES or may modulate T-cell function. (AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p 1814-5)
|Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
- Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
- Anti Inflammatory Agents, Non Steroidal
- Anti Inflammatory Agents, Nonsteroidal
- Antiinflammatory Agents, Non Steroidal
- Antiinflammatory Agents, Nonsteroidal
- Agents, Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Agents
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
- Agents, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory
- Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Agents
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
- Agents, Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory
- Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Nonsteroidal
- Nonsteroidal Anti Inflammatory Agents
Anti-Rheumatic Agents, Non-Steroidal
- Anti-Rheumatic Agents, Non-Steroidal
- Agents, Non-Steroidal Anti-Rheumatic
- Anti Rheumatic Agents, Non Steroidal
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Rheumatic Agents
- Antirheumatic Agents, Non-Steroidal
- Agents, Non-Steroidal Antirheumatic
- Antirheumatic Agents, Non Steroidal
- Non-Steroidal Antirheumatic Agents
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal" was a major or minor topic of these publication.