Muscular Atrophy, Spinal
"Muscular Atrophy, Spinal" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A group of disorders marked by progressive degeneration of motor neurons in the spinal cord resulting in weakness and muscular atrophy, usually without evidence of injury to the corticospinal tracts. Diseases in this category include Werdnig-Hoffmann disease and later onset SPINAL MUSCULAR ATROPHIES OF CHILDHOOD, most of which are hereditary. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p1089)
- Bulbospinal Neuronopathy
- Bulbospinal Neuronopathies
- Neuronopathies, Bulbospinal
- Neuronopathy, Bulbospinal
Myelopathic Muscular Atrophy
- Myelopathic Muscular Atrophy
- Atrophy, Myelopathic Muscular
- Muscular Atrophy, Myelopathic
- Adult-Onset Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Adult Onset Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Muscular Atrophy, Adult Spinal
- Adult Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Progressive Muscular Atrophy
- Progressive Muscular Atrophy
- Atrophies, Progressive Muscular
- Atrophy, Progressive Muscular
- Muscular Atrophies, Progressive
- Muscular Atrophy, Progressive
- Progressive Muscular Atrophies
- Progressive Myelopathic Muscular Atrophy
- Myelopathic Muscular Atrophy, Progressive
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Muscular Atrophy, Spinal".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Muscular Atrophy, Spinal".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Muscular Atrophy, Spinal" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Muscular Atrophy, Spinal" was a major or minor topic of these publication.