"Receptors, Androgen" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Proteins, generally found in the CYTOPLASM, that specifically bind ANDROGENS and mediate their cellular actions. The complex of the androgen and receptor migrates to the CELL NUCLEUS where it induces transcription of specific segments of DNA.
- Receptors, Androgen
- Androgen Receptor
- Receptor, Androgen
- Androgen Receptors
- Dihydrotestosterone Receptors
- Testosterone Receptor
- Receptors, Androgens
- Androgens Receptors
- Receptors, Dihydrotestosterone
- Receptors, Stanolone
- Stanolone Receptors
- Stanolone Receptor
- Receptor, Stanolone
- 5 alpha-Dihydrotestosterone Receptor
- 5 alpha Dihydrotestosterone Receptor
- Receptor, 5 alpha-Dihydrotestosterone
- alpha-Dihydrotestosterone Receptor, 5
- Receptor, Testosterone
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Androgen".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- DNA-Binding Proteins [D12.776.260]
- Receptors, Cytoplasmic and Nuclear [D12.776.260.698]
- Receptors, Steroid [D12.776.260.698.750]
- Receptors, Androgen [D12.776.260.698.750.150]
- Receptors, Cytoplasmic and Nuclear [D12.776.826]
- Receptors, Steroid [D12.776.826.750]
- Receptors, Androgen [D12.776.826.750.150]
- Transcription Factors [D12.776.930]
- Receptors, Cytoplasmic and Nuclear [D12.776.930.669]
- Receptors, Steroid [D12.776.930.669.750]
- Receptors, Androgen [D12.776.930.669.750.150]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Androgen".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Androgen" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Receptors, Androgen" was a major or minor topic of these publication.