"Brain Diseases" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Pathologic conditions affecting the BRAIN, which is composed of the intracranial components of the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. This includes (but is not limited to) the CEREBRAL CORTEX; intracranial white matter; BASAL GANGLIA; THALAMUS; HYPOTHALAMUS; BRAIN STEM; and CEREBELLUM.
- Brain Diseases
- Brain Disease
- Central Nervous System Disorders, Intracranial
- Intracranial CNS Disorders
- CNS Disorders, Intracranial
- CNS Disorder, Intracranial
- Intracranial CNS Disorder
- Encephalon Diseases
- Encephalon Disease
- Intracranial Central Nervous System Disorders
- Brain Disorders
- Brain Disorder
- Central Nervous System Intracranial Disorders
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Brain Diseases".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Brain Diseases".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Brain Diseases" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Brain Diseases" was a major or minor topic of these publication.