"Panophthalmitis" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Acute suppurative inflammation of the inner eye with necrosis of the sclera (and sometimes the cornea) and extension of the inflammation into the orbit. Pain may be severe and the globe may rupture. In endophthalmitis the globe does not rupture.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Panophthalmitis".
- Diseases [C]
- Bacterial Infections and Mycoses [C01]
- Bacterial Infections [C01.252]
- Eye Infections, Bacterial [C01.252.354]
- Uveitis, Suppurative [C01.252.354.900]
- Panophthalmitis [C01.252.354.900.675]
- Infection [C01.539]
- Eye Infections [C01.539.375]
- Eye Infections, Bacterial [C01.539.375.354]
- Uveitis, Suppurative [C01.539.375.354.900]
- Panophthalmitis [C01.539.375.354.900.675]
- Eye Infections, Fungal [C01.539.375.450]
- Uveitis, Suppurative [C01.539.375.450.900]
- Panophthalmitis [C01.539.375.450.900.675]
- Mycoses [C01.703]
- Eye Infections, Fungal [C01.703.343]
- Uveitis, Suppurative [C01.703.343.900]
- Panophthalmitis [C01.703.343.900.675]
- Eye Diseases [C11]
- Eye Infections [C11.294]
- Eye Infections, Bacterial [C11.294.354]
- Uveitis, Suppurative [C11.294.354.900]
- Panophthalmitis [C11.294.354.900.675]
- Eye Infections, Fungal [C11.294.450]
- Uveitis, Suppurative [C11.294.450.900]
- Panophthalmitis [C11.294.450.900.675]
- Uveal Diseases [C11.941]
- Uveitis [C11.941.879]
- Uveitis, Suppurative [C11.941.879.960]
- Panophthalmitis [C11.941.879.960.580]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Panophthalmitis".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Panophthalmitis" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Panophthalmitis" was a major or minor topic of these publication.