Cortical Spreading Depression
"Cortical Spreading Depression" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
The decrease in neuronal activity (related to a decrease in metabolic demand) extending from the site of cortical stimulation. It is believed to be responsible for the decrease in cerebral blood flow that accompanies the aura of MIGRAINE WITH AURA. (Campbell's Psychiatric Dictionary, 8th ed.)
|Cortical Spreading Depression
- Cortical Spreading Depression
- Cortical Spreading Depressions
- Depression, Cortical Spreading
- Depressions, Cortical Spreading
- Spreading Depression, Cortical
- Spreading Depressions, Cortical
- Spreading Depression of Leao
- Leao Spreading Depression
- Cortical Depression, Spreading
- Cortical Depressions, Spreading
- Depression, Spreading Cortical
- Depressions, Spreading Cortical
- Spreading Cortical Depressions
- Spreading Cortical Depression
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Cortical Spreading Depression".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Cortical Spreading Depression".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Cortical Spreading Depression" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Cortical Spreading Depression" was a major or minor topic of these publication.