"Osteoprotegerin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A secreted member of the TNF receptor superfamily that negatively regulates osteoclastogenesis. It is a soluble decoy receptor of RANK LIGAND that inhibits both CELL DIFFERENTIATION and function of OSTEOCLASTS by inhibiting the interaction between RANK LIGAND and RECEPTOR ACTIVATOR OF NUCLEAR FACTOR-KAPPA B.
- Osteoclastogenesis Inhibitory Factor
- Receptors, Tumor Necrosis Factor, Member 11b
- Follicular Dendritic Cell-Derived Receptor-1
- Follicular Dendritic Cell Derived Receptor 1
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Superfamily, Member 11b
- FDCR-1 Protein
- FDCR 1 Protein
- OCIF Protein
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 11b
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Osteoprotegerin".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Osteoprotegerin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Osteoprotegerin" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Osteoprotegerin" was a major or minor topic of these publication.