"Macrophages" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
The relatively long-lived phagocytic cell of mammalian tissues that are derived from blood MONOCYTES. Main types are PERITONEAL MACROPHAGES; ALVEOLAR MACROPHAGES; HISTIOCYTES; KUPFFER CELLS of the liver; and OSTEOCLASTS. They may further differentiate within chronic inflammatory lesions to EPITHELIOID CELLS or may fuse to form FOREIGN BODY GIANT CELLS or LANGHANS GIANT CELLS. (from The Dictionary of Cell Biology, Lackie and Dow, 3rd ed.)
- Bone Marrow-Derived Macrophages
- Bone Marrow Derived Macrophages
- Bone Marrow-Derived Macrophage
- Macrophage, Bone Marrow-Derived
- Macrophages, Bone Marrow-Derived
- Monocyte-Derived Macrophages
- Monocyte Derived Macrophages
- Macrophages, Monocyte-Derived
- Macrophage, Monocyte-Derived
- Macrophages, Monocyte Derived
- Monocyte-Derived Macrophage
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Macrophages".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Macrophages".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Macrophages" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Macrophages" was a major or minor topic of these publication.