"Developmental Disabilities" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Disorders in which there is a delay in development based on that expected for a given age level or stage of development. These impairments or disabilities originate before age 18, may be expected to continue indefinitely, and constitute a substantial impairment. Biological and nonbiological factors are involved in these disorders. (From American Psychiatric Glossary, 6th ed)
- Developmental Disabilities
- Disabilities, Developmental
- Developmental Disability
- Disability, Developmental
- Child Development Disorders
- Development Disorders, Child
- Child Development Disorder
- Development Disorder, Child
Child Development Deviations
- Child Development Deviations
- Child Development Deviation
- Development Deviation, Child
- Development Deviations, Child
- Deviation, Child Development
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Developmental Disabilities".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Developmental Disabilities".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Developmental Disabilities" by people in the URMC Research Network by year, and whether "Developmental Disabilities" was a major or minor topic of these publication.