Field Test of MALDI
MALDI Field Test Results
- A dilution series of seven proteins were analyzed
- 1000 to 1 ng of protein were loaded in half-log dilution
|Protein||Mass (kDa)||pmoles of 1ug band||pmoles of 0.3 ug bands|
- MALDI-TOF analysis of all protein bands ( > 312 ng ) produced excellent quality and publishable protein identifications.
- 312 ng is not our limit of detection; however, this is what we currently guarantee by MALDI.
Alternative Mass Spectrometry Methods:
For increased coverage and sensitivity, samples can be simultaneously applied to our:
- Nanospray LC-MS/MS instruments. (Method # 40, 50)
- Integrated HPLC, robot-spotter, high-throughput MALDI-TOF/TOF service (LC-MALDI, Method # 30)