- About Us
- Clinical Services
- Ambulatory Service
- Acute Services
- Child And Adolescent
- Addiction Psychiatry
- Rochester Program for the Study and Treatment of Severe Mental Disorders
- Finger Lakes Alzheimer's Disease Assistance Center
- Community Outreach
- Behavioral Health Partners
- Faculty and Staff
Perinatal Consultation Clinic (PNCC)
Types of Services Provided
The clinic provides mental health consultation to
- women with mood or anxiety disorders who are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy and who have questions regarding the use of psychotropic medications during pregnancy and/or breastfeeding, and
- women who have recently given birth and are experiencing or at high risk for a postpartum mood or anxiety disorder requiring medication assessment and management.
The PNCC will focus on consultation regarding psychiatric medication management issues and will not provide ongoing psychotherapy or medication management. If needed, we will refer patients to therapists and psychiatrists.
Patients will be seen for 45 minutes by a member of the perinatal consultation team for history gathering and then will receive a 45-minute consultation with Dr. Jennifer Richman. Recommendations regarding treatment will be made to the referring provider or, when appropriate, the patient will be referred for further mental health treatment with recommendations provided to the ongoing mental health provider.
The clinic takes place on the second and fourth Wednesday afternoon of the month (1-5 p.m.) at Strong Behavioral Health, 300 Crittenden Boulevard.
Key Leadership Names
Jennifer Richman, MD, Consulting Psychiatrist
Kathryn Castle, Ph.D., Director, General Ambulatory Services,
Sue DiGiovanni, MD, Chief, Division of Adult Psychiatry
For an appointment: (585) 275-3750
Location of Service
Strong Memorial Hospital, 300 Crittenden Blvd. (We are on an RTS bus line.)
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Fridays 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.