Field Placement Sites
We provide practical experiences for social work trainees to orient and shape the profession’s future in the context of expanding knowledge, changing technologies, and complex human and social issues. BSW internships prepare students for generalist professional practice, while MSW internships prepare students for advanced professional practice in an area of concentration.
The profession of social work is based on the values of service, dignity and worth of the person, importance of human relationships, and integrity and competence in practice.
With these values as defining principles, our training objectives are:
- To enhance human well-being and alleviate psychiatric symptoms.
- To enhance the social functioning and interactions of patients by involving them in accomplishing goals, developing resources, and preventing and alleviating distress.
- To use research, knowledge, and skills that advance social work practice.
- To apply social work practices in the context of diverse cultures.
To meet these training objectives, BSW and MSW Interns will demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply critical thinking skills within the context of professional social work practice.
- Understand the value base of the profession and its ethical standards and principles, and practice accordingly.