Post-degree Certificate Program Summer 2011 Course Offerings
Begins: Monday, May 18, 2011
Ends: Friday, August 12, 2011
|PSI 492 / PSI 498 Medical Family Therapy Intensive
June 13th-June 17th , 2011
Instructors: S. McDaniel & P. leRoux
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Supervision Course (30 hrs) 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Instructor: P. leRoux
- PSI 486 - Supervision Course (30 Hrs)
- PSI 487 - Supervision Refresher Course
- PSI 492 / PSI 498 - Medical Family Therapy Intensive
- PSI 587 - Clinical Practicum - Full Time
- PSI 588 - Clinical Practicum - Part Time
* Prerequisites must be met and registrations must be approved by the course Instructor.
For more information on a specific course please fill out our pre-registration form.
Post-degree courses are offered in conjunction with courses in the masters program.
Post-degree certificate program of study is determined by a review of the required credentials of each trainee before entering the program.
Please see How to Apply for more information.
The academic fees of the Family Therapy Training Program do not include University of Rochester tuition, which are as follows:
- Matriculated: $1,234.00 (per credit hour)
- Non-Matriculated: $690.00 (per credit hour)
- *Audit: $ 160.00 (per credit hour) - REQUIRES INSTRUCTOR PERMISSION
**Example: Course Fee, + [Tuition X credit hours] = Total Cost
- All matriculated and non-matriculated students in programs must register by the deadlines specified in the academic calendar.
- Diana Julian , Training Program Secretary
Dept. of Psychiatry – P.O. Box Psych
PSI 486 / CRN 17983 / 3.0 credit hrs
The 30 hour course is for individuals seeking the AAMFT Approved supervisor designation. Participants will become familiar with supervision literature, theories, techniques and skills.
Course Fee: Standard UR Tuition fees apply:
Pieter le Roux D. Litt. et Phil.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics and
Director, Family Therapy Training Program
Dates / Time: Friday mornings: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
from May 28 – August 20 on the following dates:
June 10, 24 / July 8, 15, 22, 29 / August 12, 19
Supervision Refresher Course
PSI 487 / CRN 17995 / 0.0 credit hrs/semester
The 5 hour refresher course is designed for AAMFT Supervisors who seek renewal of their supervisor designation. It is an interactive and intensive five hour course for experienced supervisors. The course content is geared towards current developments in supervision. Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Faculty: Pieter le Roux, D. Litt. et Phil., Director, Family Therapy Training Program
When: Friday, August 5, 2011, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Natapow Room (1-9545)
Medical Family Therapy Intensive
PSI 492 / CRN 18003 / 3.0 credit hrs
PSI 498 / CRN 18029 / 0.0 credit hrs
Dates: June 13 – 17, 2011
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: URMC, Louise Slaughter Conference Room (1-9555)
This week long intensive blends didactic and experiential methods to teach students how to work with families dealing with illness and how to collaborate with physicians
from other health care professionals. The MFTI course is a 3 credit course with the University of Rochester, and all students will get a certificate of completion upon successfully completing the course. There is not an option to audit this course.
Co-Directors: Susan H. McDaniel, Ph.D. / Pieter le Roux, D. Litt. et Phil.
- To Receive Course Credit:
Please register using PSI 492 / CRN 18003 / 3.0 credit hrs.
Standard UR Tuition fees apply:
- $1,234/credit hr for Matriculated UR MS Students ($1234 x 3.0 credits = $3702)
- $690/credit hr for Non-Matriculated& Post-grad Students ($690 x 3 = 2070)
- (no audit rate available)
- If Course Credit is Not Required:
Please register using PSI 498 / CRN 18029/ 0.0 credit hrs.
A flat course fee of $1500 applies
- For more Information on the MFTI click here