RCBU laboratories are advancing the use of ultrasound in clinical diagnosis and discovering new therapeutic applications of ultrasound in medicine and biology. Innovations in biomedical ultrasound require the collaborative expertise of engineers, physicians, basic scientists and clinicians. The RCBU provides an ideal forum to stimulate cross-disciplinary research.
Investigators at the RCBU are advancing the use of ultrasound in diagnosis and therapy. Areas of current RCBU research expertise include:
- 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging
- Acoustic radiation force imaging
- Harmonic imaging
- Nonlinear acoustics
- Novel therapeutic applications
- Biological effects of ultrasound fields
- Tissue characterization
- Ultrasound technologies in cell and tissue engineering
- Acoustic scattering and wave propagation in tissue
- Ultrasound contrast agents
- Acoustic cavitation
- High frequency imaging
- Multi-modal imaging techniques
- Doppler techniques
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) techniques
- Crawling Waves Speed Estimation Based on the Dominant Component Analysis Paradigm.Ultrason Imaging. 37, 341-55. (2015 Oct 01).
- Fast iterative algorithm for the reconstruction of multishot non-cartesian diffusion data.Magn Reson Med. 74, 1086-94. (2015 Oct 01).
- Electrochemical Tip-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy.J Am Chem Soc. 137, 11928-31. (2015 Sep 23).