RCBU laboratories are advancing the use of ultrasound in clinical diagnosis and discovering new therapeutic applications of ultrasound in medicine and biology. Innovations in biomedical ultrasound require the collaborative expertise of engineers, physicians, basic scientists and clinicians. The RCBU provides an ideal forum to stimulate cross-disciplinary research.
Investigators at the RCBU are advancing the use of ultrasound in diagnosis and therapy. Areas of current RCBU research expertise include:
- 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging
- Acoustic radiation force imaging
- Harmonic imaging
- Nonlinear acoustics
- Novel therapeutic applications
- Biological effects of ultrasound fields
- Tissue characterization
- Ultrasound technologies in cell and tissue engineering
- Acoustic scattering and wave propagation in tissue
- Ultrasound contrast agents
- Acoustic cavitation
- High frequency imaging
- Multi-modal imaging techniques
- Doppler techniques
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) techniques
- Social factors ameliorate psychiatric disorders in community-based asylum seekers independent of visa status.Psychiatry Res. 230, 628-36. (2015 Dec 15).
- Indwelling Stent Embedded with Light-Emitting Diodes for Photodynamic Therapy of Malignant Biliary Obstruction.Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. (2015 Nov 19).
- Clinicopathological characteristics and liver stem cell marker expression in hepatocellular carcinoma involving bile duct tumor thrombi.Tumour Biol. (2015 Nov 19).