RCBU laboratories are advancing the use of ultrasound in clinical diagnosis and discovering new therapeutic applications of ultrasound in medicine and biology. Innovations in biomedical ultrasound require the collaborative expertise of engineers, physicians, basic scientists and clinicians. The RCBU provides an ideal forum to stimulate cross-disciplinary research.
Investigators at the RCBU are advancing the use of ultrasound in diagnosis and therapy. Areas of current RCBU research expertise include:
- 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging
- Acoustic radiation force imaging
- Harmonic imaging
- Nonlinear acoustics
- Novel therapeutic applications
- Biological effects of ultrasound fields
- Tissue characterization
- Ultrasound technologies in cell and tissue engineering
- Acoustic scattering and wave propagation in tissue
- Ultrasound contrast agents
- Acoustic cavitation
- High frequency imaging
- Multi-modal imaging techniques
- Doppler techniques
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) techniques
- Shear wave speed and dispersion measurements using crawling wave chirps. Ultrason Imaging. 36, 277-90. (2014 Oct 01).
- Resident and Fellow Education Feature: US Assessment of Acute Female Pelvic Pain: Test Your Knowledge. Radiographics. 34, 1440-1. (2014 Sep 11).
- Placental heme receptor LRP1 correlates with the heme exporter FLVCR1 and neonatal iron status. Reproduction. 148, 295-302. (2014 Sep 01).