The Center allows investigators to efficiently share costly, time-consuming, essential but cumbersome, and in many cases innovative research services.
- Human Subjects Core
- Consolidates and coordinates the recruitment, screening, and scheduling of subjects across relevant projects within the Center.
- Research Services Core
- Includes a Histology & Imaging Unit and an Electronic and Mechanical Shop.
- Technology & Computation Core
- Includes a Lab Technology Unit and a Complementary Computation Unit.
Each of three cores is designed to maximize utility among the largest proportion of the CNCS faculty, and to enhance the effectiveness and productivity of our individual and collaborative research programs.
The Center also supports a seminar series of visiting scientists related to its research mission. The combination of Core support and Center activities catalyzes new interactions and collaborations, both technologic and scientific, directly resulting from its missions. The CNCS exploits our inherently collegiate environment, enriches our research productivity, promotes collaborations among investigators, and attracts new faculty and students to the Center's areas of interest.
- Eye-centered representation of optic flow tuning in the ventral intraparietal area. J Neurosci. 33, 18574-82. (2013 Nov 20).
- Human Visual and Vestibular Heading Perception in the Vertical Planes. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. In press. (2013 Nov 19).
- Diverse Spatial Reference Frames of Vestibular Signals in Parietal Cortex. Neuron. In press. (2013 Nov 12).