The Center allows investigators to efficiently share costly, time-consuming, essential but cumbersome, and in many cases innovative research services.
- Human Subjects Core
- Consolidates and coordinates the recruitment, screening, and scheduling of subjects across relevant projects within the Center.
- Research Services Core
- Includes a Histology & Imaging Unit and an Electronic and Mechanical Shop.
- Technology & Computation Core
- Includes a Lab Technology Unit and a Complementary Computation Unit.
Each of three cores is designed to maximize utility among the largest proportion of the CNCS faculty, and to enhance the effectiveness and productivity of our individual and collaborative research programs.
The Center also supports a seminar series of visiting scientists related to its research mission. The combination of Core support and Center activities catalyzes new interactions and collaborations, both technologic and scientific, directly resulting from its missions. The CNCS exploits our inherently collegiate environment, enriches our research productivity, promotes collaborations among investigators, and attracts new faculty and students to the Center's areas of interest.
- Searching for something familiar or novel: top-down attentional selection of specific items or object categories. J Cogn Neurosci. 25, 719-29. (2013 May 01).
- Modeling detection of 500-hertz tones in reproducible noise for listeners with sensorineural hearing loss. J Acoust Soc Am. 133, 3559. (2013 May 01).
- Using a computational model for the auditory midbrain to explore the neural representation of vowels. J Acoust Soc Am. 133, 3245. (2013 May 01).