The Center allows investigators to efficiently share costly, time-consuming, essential but cumbersome, and in many cases innovative research services.
- Human Subjects Core
- Consolidates and coordinates the recruitment, screening, and scheduling of subjects across relevant projects within the Center.
- Research Services Core
- Includes a Histology & Imaging Unit and an Electronic and Mechanical Shop.
- Technology & Computation Core
- Includes a Lab Technology Unit and a Complementary Computation Unit.
Each of three cores is designed to maximize utility among the largest proportion of the CNCS faculty, and to enhance the effectiveness and productivity of our individual and collaborative research programs.
The Center also supports a seminar series of visiting scientists related to its research mission. The combination of Core support and Center activities catalyzes new interactions and collaborations, both technologic and scientific, directly resulting from its missions. The CNCS exploits our inherently collegiate environment, enriches our research productivity, promotes collaborations among investigators, and attracts new faculty and students to the Center's areas of interest.
- Auditory distance coding in rabbit midbrain neurons and human perception: monaural amplitude modulation depth as a cue. J Neurosci. 35, 5360-72. (2015 Apr 01).
- Near-field discrimination of sound source distance in the rabbit. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 16, 255-62. (2015 Apr 01).
- Navigational path integration by cortical neurons: origins in higher-order direction selectivity. J Neurophysiol. 113, 1896-906. (2015 Mar 15).