The Center allows investigators to efficiently share costly, time-consuming, essential but cumbersome, and in many cases innovative research services.
- Human Subjects Core
- Consolidates and coordinates the recruitment, screening, and scheduling of subjects across relevant projects within the Center.
- Research Services Core
- Includes a Histology & Imaging Unit and an Electronic and Mechanical Shop.
- Technology & Computation Core
- Includes a Lab Technology Unit and a Complementary Computation Unit.
Each of three cores is designed to maximize utility among the largest proportion of the CNCS faculty, and to enhance the effectiveness and productivity of our individual and collaborative research programs.
The Center also supports a seminar series of visiting scientists related to its research mission. The combination of Core support and Center activities catalyzes new interactions and collaborations, both technologic and scientific, directly resulting from its missions. The CNCS exploits our inherently collegiate environment, enriches our research productivity, promotes collaborations among investigators, and attracts new faculty and students to the Center's areas of interest.
- Prefrontal Neuronal Responses during Audiovisual Mnemonic Processing. J Neurosci. 35, 960-71. (2015 Jan 21).
- Auditory deficits of Kcna1 deletion are similar to those of a monaural hearing impairment. Hear Res. In press. (2015 Jan 17).
- Near-Field Discrimination of Sound Source Distance in the Rabbit. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. In press. (2015 Jan 17).