The Center allows investigators to efficiently share costly, time-consuming, essential but cumbersome, and in many cases innovative research services.
- Human Subjects Core
- Consolidates and coordinates the recruitment, screening, and scheduling of subjects across relevant projects within the Center.
- Research Services Core
- Includes a Histology & Imaging Unit and an Electronic and Mechanical Shop.
- Technology & Computation Core
- Includes a Lab Technology Unit and a Complementary Computation Unit.
Each of three cores is designed to maximize utility among the largest proportion of the CNCS faculty, and to enhance the effectiveness and productivity of our individual and collaborative research programs.
The Center also supports a seminar series of visiting scientists related to its research mission. The combination of Core support and Center activities catalyzes new interactions and collaborations, both technologic and scientific, directly resulting from its missions. The CNCS exploits our inherently collegiate environment, enriches our research productivity, promotes collaborations among investigators, and attracts new faculty and students to the Center's areas of interest.
- Responses of prefrontal multisensory neurons to mismatching faces and vocalizations. J Neurosci. 34, 11233-43. (2014 Aug 20).
- Long-term deficits in motion detection thresholds and spike count variability after unilateral vestibular lesion. J Neurophysiol. 112, 870-89. (2014 Aug 15).
- Hearing Function in Patients Living With HIV/AIDS. Ear Hear. In press. (2014 Aug 14).