Analysis of Human Microbiome
- Extract DNA/RNA from microbial communities in human samples, including tissue, fluid on surfaces of mucosal tissue, fecal material and blood.
- Amplify 16S rRNA libraries from the extracted DNA/RNA and analyze using 454 pyrosequencing for targeted identification of the microbial population.
- Complete bioinformatics analyses of the 454 16S rRNA sequence data to identify members of the microbiome, diversity of the population and changes in the microbiome that occur as a result of disease onset and progression.
- Amplify total genomic DNA/RNA from the human samples and analyze using 454 pyrosequencing to identify the functional features of the microbial population.
- Complete bioinformatics analysis of the genomic DNA to identify microbial gene content and features encoded by these genes that may contribute to disease onset and