Time of Study: 7:30 p.m. (please be prompt)
Welcome to the Sleep Disorders Center. You are scheduled for an overnight sleep study on the date and time above. This study will be performed at 2337 South Clinton Avenue. Please take time and review the following information regarding your sleep study. For any additional questions and/or information please call the center at (585) 341-7575.
24 hours notice requested for cancellation. If you become ill, experience a change in health condition, or you have had recent medical treatment, please call to discuss the need for rescheduling your sleep study before 4:30 p.m. daily. After regular business hours please contact the Sleep Disorders Nighttime Lab at (585) 756-8065.
- Please arrive promptly at 7:30 p.m.
- Your hair should be clean and free of oils, gels, and mousse. Please remember that electrodes will be placed on your scalp using a white paste-like substance that hardens overnight. Therefore keep in mind that we will need to know in advance about any hair weaves, and/or hair pieces which would need to be removed to access the scalp.
- Proper and comfortable sleep attire is required. Men must wear both a top and a bottom, other than underwear. Women we suggest wearing something that is two-pieced (i.e. T-shirt and shorts or comfortable pants.) Slippers and robe for walking to and from bathrooms may also be helpful.
- Bring any medication you may need.
- You may feel more comfortable away from home with your own pillow. Please feel free also to bring in books or magazines for relaxation and to fill free time.
- We have a shower onsite and towels are provided. Bring any necessary personal toiletries, i.e. soap, shampoo, toothbrush.
- No smoking is allowed on the premises.
- Consume no alcoholic beverages or caffeinated beverages after twelve noon on the day of the study.
- Please remember clothing for the next day and plan to leave the center by 6:45 a.m.
While we try to make you as comfortable as possible, please remember this is a medical facility and there are specific policies we must follow to ensure your safety as a patient.