MissionThe Office of Curriculum and Assessment provides support for teaching and learning at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing leadership and collaborating with faculty, staff, and students to plan, implement, and revise the curriculum.
- Organizing and hosting educational development opportunities for faculty and students.
- Compiling valid, reliable and useful data on the processes and outcomes of teaching and learning.
- Undertaking and supporting scholarship and educational research about methods, assessment, teaching, and learning in medical education.
- Seeking external funds to underwrite innovations in medical education.
- Monitoring national trends in medical education and instructional methods and technology.