|9/13/13||Dr. Patricia Hinkle||Professor Emeritus, Department of Pharmacology & Physiology, University of Rochester||Signaling through melanocortin receptors: mechanisms responsible for red hair, fat babies and glucocorticoid deficiency|
|02/08/13||Mark Noble, Mike Fiske, Jack Daiss, Matt Hilton, Chris Pröschel, Steve Goldman||GMP Facility and Stem Cell Therapies|
|12/14/12||Burns Blaxall, Ph.D., FAHA||Professor, Director of Translational Science
The Heart Institute, Molecular Cardiovascular Biology
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
|Adventures in heart failure research: finding new targets and therapeutics||Mark Taubman, M.D.|
|9/14/12||Richard Aslin||William R. Kenan Professor, Brain & Cognitive Sciences and Center for Visual Science
Director, Rochester Center for Brain Imaging
|Human Infants are Rapid Learners and Rational Actors||Kathy Nordeen|
|6/8/12||Heinrich (Henri) Jasper||UR Biology Department / Professor, Buck Institute for Aging||Stem cells and longevity
- what flies can teach us
|5/11/12||Stephen Dewhurst||Chair, Department of Microbiology and Immunology||Why does semen contain amyloid fibrils, and what do they have to do with HIV-1 transmission?||Sanjay Maggirwar|
|4/13/12||Gary D. Paige||Chair, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy||Senses and Sense-Abilities Underlying Plasticity in Spatial Behavior||Nina Schor|
|1/13/12||Doris Taylor||URMC Medical Scientist Research Symposium|
Email: Dirk Bohmann
Department of Biomedical Genetics
About Science Friday Socials
- Held the 2nd Friday of every month.
- Location can vary from month to month. Please check back here for the current location.
- Highlights of University of Rochester research presented to an audience from all University of Rochester Departments involved in Biological and Biomedical Research.
- Review of important current developments in the life sciences.
- All interested are welcome.