Strategic Plan 2007-2012 Goals
We strive to provide patient care that is high-quality, safe, and infused with new knowledge that comes from our scientific research. Understanding both the challenges and the opportunities that face URMC, we have articulated the following major goals:
- To become one of the leading health care systems in the Northeast and to achieve national recognition for our high quality signature programs that develop new therapies based on outstanding research.
- To sustain an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes fundamental discovery and fosters innovation through the acquisition of new technologies.
- To ensure translation of fundamental discovery into cutting-edge patient therapies through the education of clinicians and scientists.
- To grow clinical volume by recruiting outstanding health professionals and providing capacity for complex procedures where specialized expertise and high volume ensure the highest levels of patient safety and quality.
- To maintain clinical margin and productivity that sustains growth in the clinical and academic missions of the Medical Center.
- To engage the community though economic development (including technology transfer and research partnerships) and to promote community health through research programs that support community-based interventions.
- To ensure that all education programs at URMC are nationally outstanding and prepare students for careers of excellence.
Read an overview document, listen to podcasts, review Strategic Plan Executive Summary, and more.