Ask a Pharmacist
A Service Provided by the Department of Pharmacy at Strong Memorial Hospital
Do you have a question about your medication, or do you just want an explanation about how the drug works? Then call the Drug Information Helpline at (585) 275-3718. The Helpline is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you call during off hours, please leave a message and you will be called back the next business day.
You might want to know:
- If a symptom (adverse effect) you are experiencing might be due to a reaction to the drug you are taking
- If an over-the-counter product you are taking would adversely interact with your prescription medications
- If you are taking too much acetaminophen
You also might have questions about:
- Herbal supplements and the safety of herbal remedies
- Medication use while lactating
- Up-to-date alerts on drug recalls
- Medication information for seniors
- Medication information for children
- Guidelines for safe use, storage, and proper disposal of drugs
Calcium Supplements: What You Need to Know
Calcium is important in maintaining strong bones. Without enough calcium, your bones will weaken and you may be more at risk for fractures and osteoporosis. Throughout your life, your bones are constantly recycling themselves by breaking down old bone and building new bone. While young and still growing, ones’ bones do more building than breaking down. As the body ages, however, the balance shifts and bones begin to do more breaking down than building. Read more about calcium supplements »
How Much Acetaminophen is Too Much?
Call the Drug Information Helpline at (585) 275-3718.