Our six-floor ramp garage is attached to Strong Memorial Hospital, Golisano Children’s Hospital and Wilmot Cancer Center. You can enter the garage from Thomas Jackson Drive off Elmwood Avenue or from East Drive between Elmwood Avenue and Crittenden Boulevard (see Visitor Parking Map ).
You will find that the garage is a “double-helix” design, composed of two separate intertwining ramps. To navigate the garage please click on this illustration. The yellow ramp has its entrance and exit on East Drive; the blue ramp is accessed by the hospital’s main loop on Thomas Jackson Drive. Each area of the garage is denoted by a specific series of letters, and special signs are posted in nearby staircases and elevators to help guests note where they parked their car.
The Saunders Visitor Lot (Lot 14) located on Crittenden Blvd. is now available for visitor use.
|31 - 60 minutes||$3.00|
|61 minutes - 2 hours||$5.00|
|2 hours - 24 hours||$6.00|
Please note: Visitors who misplace their parking ticket will be charged the maximum daily rate of $6.00.
Parking Passes and Validation Stickers
Obtain a day pass at the parking booth exit if you will be returning on the same day. Day passes are valid for 24 hours, from the entry time stamp on receipt.
Multiple-day parking passes may be purchased for $6.00 per day.
Validation stickers may be purchased (minimum of three and a maximum of ten) at any of the locations listed below. The cost of a sticker is $4.50 and is good for one exit up to $6.00. Stickers do not expire.
Thirty-day passes are available to immediate family members who are visiting an inpatient who has been admitted at least 30 consecutive days. A letter from a social worker is required. Please speak with the social worker on the unit the patient is located. Present letter to the Cashier’s office or the Garage Parking office to purchase a pass.
- Automated Pay Stations, for faster service when exiting. Located in the lobby, ground floor and Eastman Dental Center lobby, the Automated Pay Stations can accept cash, credit card, or validation ticket.
- The Cashier's Office, is located on the first floor of the hospital. When coming in from the Elmwood Avenue entrance, head right down the main hallway, and then a left at the "T". It is directly across from the coffee area and ATM machine.
- Ramp Garage Office. Hours: Open weekdays 24 hours from Sunday at 11:30 p.m. until Friday at 11:30 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday/holidays 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Medical Center Parking Office, located in G-6037. Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. For more information, call (585) 275-4524.
Valet Parking Services
The Main Entrance Valet (from Elmwood) will operate weekdays from 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and the Cancer Center Valet (from Crittenden) will operate weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To Use our Valet Parking Service
- Drive into the traffic circle and signal a Parking Representative or a Hospital Ambassador. A $7 upfront fee covers both valet service and parking.
- At the end of your visit, hand the valet your valet stub to have your vehicle retrieved. Or, you can call (585) 273-4226 to arrange to have your car waiting for you.
- If you are leaving the hospital after 5:00 p.m., go to the main lobby information desk or call (585) 273-4226 to retrieve your vehicle.
Parking at the Emergency Department
- To get to the Emergency Department turn into the main entrance of Strong Memorial Hospital and take the first right.
- If you are driving yourself, park in the adjacent lot. The Emergency Department lot is for patients who drive themselves only.
- If you are bringing in a patient you can drop them off at the door (do not go to the ambulance bay) and then park in the hospital parking garage.
- Ramp Garage Parking: (585) 273-4226. Hours: Open weekdays 24 hours from Sunday at 11:30 p.m. until Friday at 11:30 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday/holidays 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Medical Center Parking Office: (585) 275-4524. Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.