- About Us
- Getting Here
- Patients and Families
- Visiting Information
- Your Hospital Stay
- Billing and Insurance
- Health Encyclopedia
- Patient Web Sites/Caring Bridge
- Services/Hospital Resources
After Your Arrival
After you arrive on the inpatient unit, staff will continue to assess your condition. Below is a description of a typical admission:
- A Resident Doctor (M.D.) or Nurse Practitioner will ask about your medical history and do a physical exam.
- A nurse will review this information and make sure you understand the workings of the unit.
- Advance Directives may be discussed. An Advance Directive allows you to make known your wishes in relation to your health care should you be unable to do so for yourself. Completion of a health care proxy allows you to choose the person you want to carry out your wishes.
- Planning for discharge will begin shortly after your admission. Your health care team will help you identify your medical and nursing needs and which services can be arranged for you once you leave the hospital.