- About Us
- Getting Here
- Patients and Families
- Visiting Information
- Your Hospital Stay
- Billing and Insurance
- Health Encyclopedia
- Patient Web Sites/Caring Bridge
- Services/Hospital Resources
Helpful Tips for Inpatients
- WiFi: Access to the URMC Guest Network is available for all patients, visitors and vendors. Instructions are available at the Information Desk at (585) 275-2100.
- Noise cancelling headsets: Ask your nurse how you can obtain these.
- Room service for visitors: Family members may enjoy a meal with you. Read our instructions for guest meals to learn more.
- Newspapers, books and magazines: The local newspaper may be requested for daily delivery to your room; please ask your nurse for assistance. There are also machines across from the Gift Shop and in the main cafeteria vending area. Books, magazines and newspapers can also be purchased at Barnes & Noble, located on the ground floor in the Medical Center. Volunteers also bring reading materials to the patient units.
- List your medications: Keep a list of all your medications—including prescription and over-the-counter medicines—and dietary supplements, such as vitamins and herbs, and give a copy to the doctor that admits you into the hospital.
- We now have two video phones available to deaf and hard-of-hearing patients, families, and staff to place phone calls in sign language.
- We always care: We will be placing a notepad beside every bedside for you to use to keep track of questions you may have for your healthcare team.