- About Us
- Getting Here
- Patients and Families
- Services/Hospital Resources
Visiting Hours and Policies
Strong Memorial Hospital general visiting hours are 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., except as otherwise described below. Visitors should stop at the information desk in the main lobby for patient room information and any visiting restrictions which may be in effect. All visitors (except designated support person(s), as addressed below) must leave the hospital after visiting hours. Individuals requesting information about patients, such as patient room information, should be directed to the main lobby information desk.
The patient (or their personal representative, when applicable) may also designate one or more support person(s) who will be involved in their care by being present with the patient for emotional support during the course of stay. They may be family members, close friends or other individuals. The Hospital encourages the identification of such support person(s) and will provide them with 24/7 access to the patient’s hospital unit during the patient’s hospitalization, except when the individual’s presence may infringe on the rights or safety of others, or is medically or therapeutically contraindicated.
- Behavioral Health: Check with the unit secretary as hours vary from unit to unit.
- Intensive Care Units: Staff will arrange times with visitors to best meet each patient's needs. Please do not bring fresh fruit or flowers to the ICUs.
- Rehabilitation Unit 5-1200: Visiting hours are 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Golisano Children's Hospital: Parents are always welcome, although only one adult may stay overnight. Others may visit from 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Maternity: No more than five visitors at a time may visit. All others will be asked to wait in the visitor lounge. No children under 12, other than the siblings of the infant, are allowed to visit. Patients who do not have a roommate may have one adult support person spend the night. Children are not allowed later than 8:00 p.m.
- After-hours: From 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., all visitors must enter the Hospital through the Main Lobby. The Information Desk ambassador will obtain permission from the patient's unit for visitation. After-hours visitors must wear a visitor's pass while in the hospital, then return it to the Information Desk when leaving.
Strong Memorial Hospital welcomes every individual regardless of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military/veteran status or disability. We recognize and respect the visitation rights of of all spouses and partners including same-sex spouses and domestic partners.
Visitors must stop at the Information Desk in the Main Lobby to find out where the patient's room is and for any visitation restrictions.
Visitors can help keep loved ones safe from infection by following some basic infection prevention precautions.
Strong Memorial Hospital allows the use of cellular telephones within the hospital. However, the hospital will limit or ban the use of cellular telephone and other wireless devices wherever or whenever the use of these devices may interfere with patient care.
We are just one of hundreds of U.S. hospitals that ban smoking on their campuses, and here in Rochester, several of our region’s hospitals have adopted such a policy as well.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us continue to be Smoke FREE Inside and Out.
Learn more about our smoke free policy.
Strong Memorial Hospital is committed to providing a safe, healthy environment for patients and their families. As the family member or friend, please assist us in the following ways:
- Observe the visiting hours for the area you are visiting. Please do not sleep in patient rooms or waiting rooms unless you have special permission.
- Please respect our patients' right to privacy and leave the patient room or care area when asked by hospital staff.
- Bathrooms in patient rooms are for patient use only. We ask that visitors please use public rest rooms.
- Please do not visit if you are not feeling well or have an illness which could be transferred to our patients. If you are not sure, please check with your healthcare provider.
- For the safety of young children, please provide adult supervision for them in all areas of the hospital. Visitors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult when visiting a patient unit.
- Please be respectful of the property of other persons and of the hospital.
- The following items and behaviors are prohibited at Strong: Alcoholic beverages, disruptive or violent behavior, smoking, street drugs, and weapons.
- Please be considerate of the rights of our patients and hospital staff by treating them with courtesy and respect and assisting with the control of noise and the number of visitors.
Visitors who do not comply with safe conduct regulations may be asked to leave or may be escorted off hospital grounds. Thank you for your cooperation. We hope these guidelines will make your visit more pleasant.