- Home Page - Nursing
- About Us
- Nursing Recruitment
- Career Advancement
- Clinical Nursing Research Center
- Margaret D. Sovie Center for Advanced Practice
- Shared Governance
- Magnet Designation
- DAISY Award
Mission, Vision, Values
We will define and deliver Medicine of the Highest Order and set the standard for compassion, innovation and superior care.
The mission of Strong Memorial Hospital is to improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering the highest quality healthcare in a safe, compassionate environment enriched by education, science and technology.
ValuesGuided by the needs of our patients, families, staff and trainees we are strongly committed to these values
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves in a fair, responsible and trustworthy manner.
- Compassion – We act with empathy and understanding toward others.
- Accountability – We are obligated to take responsibility for our actions and join with colleagues in realizing the hospital’s vision.
- Respect – We treat patients, families and colleagues with dignity and sensitivity, valuing their differences.
- Excellence – We rise above the ordinary through personal and team efforts.
The Strong Commitment
We are committed to exceeding the expectations and serving the needs of those who trust us to provide them the best possible care with compassion, respect and exceptional health care.
We expect all staff embrace this commitment and make it central to work life at Strong, every day.--The Strong Commitment Agreement Form--
What is Magnet Status?
Magnet Status is an award given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center to hospitals that satisfy a demanding set of criteria measuring the strength and quality of their nursing. This international nursing quality designation is enjoyed by only about 5% of hospitals in the country.