- Home Page - Nursing
- About Us
- Nursing Recruitment
- Career Advancement
- Clinical Nursing Research Center
- Margaret D. Sovie Center for Advanced Practice
- Shared Governance
- Magnet Designation
- DAISY Award
Paid Internships/Summer Employment
Nursing students can easily earn money and expand their clinical experience through paid hospital internships.
- Interns help our nurses care for patients in an unlicensed assistive role
- Hours and shifts vary
- Pay is $10 an hour
Candiates must have completed:
- Two nursing clinical rotations from an accredited nursing school, and/or
- One nursing clinical rotation and at least one year's experience as a nursing assistant or comparable job
If you are interested in applying for the internship, please contact the Nursing Recruitment Office at 585-275-3478.
Visits To Your College
Our nurses love their jobs. That means they love to talk with students and share insights about nursing careers. We would be happy to visit with nursing students at your college.
Through Strong Memorial Hospital's program, our nurses are prepared to speak on almost any topic you could choose, including:
- Resume writing
- Effective interviewing skills
- "Reality shock" -how to survive your first year as a nurse
- Trauma nursing
- Cardiac surgery
- Transplant programs
What is Magnet Status?
Magnet Status is an award given by the American Nurses Credentialing Center to hospitals that satisfy a demanding set of criteria measuring the strength and quality of their nursing. This international nursing quality designation is enjoyed by only about 5% of hospitals in the country.