Colorectal Physiology Center, at Highland Hospital
It's difficult for people to talk openly about colorectal disorders. Some will even avoid discussing colorectal problems with their doctor or spouse.
That's why the University of Rochester Medical Center has assembled physicians, nurses, and technicians with expertise in both the emotional and medical aspects of these disorders. Together, they offer the region's most comprehensive, advanced, and successful colorectal services.
Colorectal Physiology Center at Highland Hospital
Our Colorectal Physiology Center, the only medical facility of its kind within 450 miles, offers:
- State-of-the-art imaging and other diagnostic procedures
- Physicians and medical personnel who are specialists in colorectal disorders
- A variety of non-surgical treatments, including dietary modification and biofeedback
- Part of URMC Department of Surgery, a leader in cutting-edge surgical procedures
- Patient-friendly, compassionate care that Highland Hospital is known for
Breakthrough therapy offers hope for bowel incontinence
URMC Surgeon first in nation to offer pacemaker-like technology for bowel control
Millions of Americans suffer from bowel incontinence. But URMC surgeons now offer a breakthrough treatment that can reduce or eliminate the problem. URMC surgeon Jenny Speranza, M.D. -- first in the nation to use the treatment for this indication since its FDA-approval -- explains its effectiveness. Read more