Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
at the University of Rochester Medical Center
URMC Labs Clinical Laboratory Services is our full-service laboratory that works with patients and doctors throughout the country. Learn more
URMC Central Laboratory Services is our laboratory for clinical trials, providing clinical and anatomic pathology services as well as project management. Learn more
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at URMC is helping to move pathology forward in the areas of patient care, research and education. Learn more
URMC first in region to offer HER2 FISH testing for breast cancer
"With HER2 testing available right in their back yard, women will be able to more quickly make decisions and be on their path to recovery," said David G. Hicks, M.D., director of Surgical Pathology at the URMC.
URMC LABS in the News
O’Donovan Named Administrator of URMC Strong West »
November 26, 2013
URMC First in Region to Offer HER2 FISH Testing for Breast Cancer »
October 08, 2013
Capability of Curry Component to Treat Disease Merits U.S. Patent »
June 12, 2012
URMC Pathologist Honored for Advancing Knowledge of Breast Cancer »
September 15, 2011
To Bring Effective Therapies to Patients Quicker, Use the Team Approach »
March 02, 2011
URMC LABS Announces...
- Seminar Series Lecture: Clinicopathologic and Molecular Characteristics of Colorectal Adenocarcinomas: Their Prognostic Significance and Their Relation to the Pattern of Spread - November 18
- Hicks and new HER2 guidelines featured in CAP Today
- New Patient Service Center opening Monday August 12 @ Pluta Cancer Center
- August 12 Seminar Series Lecture: Scott A, Kirkley, MD: Introduction to the New Accreditation System - New Rules from the ACGME
- July 29 Seminar Series Lecture: Jianming Hu, MD,PhD, Guest Speaker from The Penn State University College of Medicine speaks on Virus - Cell Interactions in Hepatitis B Replication and Persistence
- Menegus featured in CLP Magazine
- Ziemba-Ball named Business and Financial Analyst
- Welcome new residents!
- New Patient Service Center location in Brockport
Learn how URMC LABS is an integral partner in patient care.