About our Central Lab Services
URMC Labs is a different kind of central lab.
As a full-service central laboratory that is an integral part of a large academic medical center, we are able to provide a unique depth of consultation and critical analysis targeted to your specific laboratory needs. URMC Labs is a separate, distinct enterprise within the Medical Center, organized according to competitive business principles, so you can also depend on us to give you exceptional responsiveness and turnaround.
- Scientific expertise. Since we are part of a leading research university, URMC Labs has the deep expertise that comes from having nationally respected clinicians and researchers.
- Collaborative approach. Our clinical trials team in conjunction with our academic medical center researchers is able to provide in-depth protocol, operational and logistical review to enhance and streamline your clinical trials.
- Responsiveness and turnaround. While we provide the depth of knowledge of a research medical center, we also have the responsiveness and quick turnaround necessary to deliver services to meet demands in the commercial clinical trials laboratory arena.
- On time and within budget. Our experience with protocols of many different sizes and types using various sources of funding give us the ability to help your clinical trial stay on time and within budget.
- Full Service Clinical and Anatomic Pathology Service. URMC Labs provides a broad array of services across clinical and anatomic pathology. This makes it possible to eliminate the inefficiencies that result from engaging multiple laboratories for a clinical trial.
- Flexibility. We adapt our process to meet the customer’s needs. We are committed to support your clinical team and research sites and understand they will have unique challenges and opportunities.
- Additional Service Synergies. URMC also offers the additional service of a full clinical materials packaging, storage labeling and distribution enterprise. Learn more about URMC - Clinical Materials Services Unit.