The Microbiology Laboratory offers bacteriology (ID and susceptibility), immunology, mycobacteriology, mycology, parasitology, serology, TB and virology testing including specialized antibiotic and antifungal studies.
- Allergy testing performed on the Immunocap 250.
- Herpes antibody type specific (Focus Select test) for Type 1 and Type 2 IgG antibody.
- tTG-IgA (Tissue Transglutaminase) antibody for celiac disease diagnosis.
- CCP IgG (Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide) antibody to aid in the early diagnosis of Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Respiratory Virus Surveillance
Our Microbiology area continues to evaluate and add infectious diseases molecular diagnostic tests on an ongoing basis.
- Dwight Hardy, Ph.D., Lab Director
- Marilyn Menegus, Ph.D., Associate Director
- Jennifer Anolik, M.D., Consultant in Immunology
For more information or to request our services, please contact Laura Paul, Chief Supervisor, at (585) 275-1314.