As part of a tertiary care medical center, the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine maintains a broad range of expertise in both clinical and anatomic pathology. This expertise supports the wide-ranging needs of the local and regional medical/research communities.
The Department has also developed in-depth expertise in a number of subspecialty areas, motivated by the interests of individual faculty, the needs of special patient populations and the development of intradepartmental research programs.
These areas combine clinical services, educational programs, and basic and clinical research initiatives:
- Bone & Muscle Pathology
- Breast & Gynecologic Pathology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cytogenetics & Biochemical Genetics
- Gastrointestinal & Hepatic Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Pediatric & Perinatal Pathology
- Thoracic & ENT Pathology
- Tissue Typing, Renal & Transplant Pathology
- Toxicology & Forensic Pathology
- Transfusion Medicine