Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
The field of pathology is not only complex, but continuously evolving. The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at URMC is one of the nation’s leaders in discovery, application and teaching within this dynamic field.
Our Department is responsible for the following:
- Operation of URMC Labs clinical laboratories, which offers a wide range of anatomic and clinical pathology services and has an annual volume of over 5.7 million tests.
- Operation of the URMC FDA-compliant URMC Labs central laboratory, devoted to research and clinical trials testing.
- Extramurally funded research projects including basic, translational and clinical studies.
- Residency training and fellowships in anatomic/clinical pathology.
- Graduate and postdoctoral training in experimental pathology.
The Department is organized into a number of subspecialty areas, such as bone pathology and breast pathology, which combine activities across clinical, research and training programs. These subspecialty areas also connect with individuals in other UR departments and centers.
O’Donovan Named Administrator of URMC Strong West »
November 26, 2013
URMC First in Region to Offer HER2 FISH Testing for Breast Cancer »
October 08, 2013
Capability of Curry Component to Treat Disease Merits U.S. Patent »
June 12, 2012
URMC Pathologist Honored for Advancing Knowledge of Breast Cancer »
September 15, 2011
To Bring Effective Therapies to Patients Quicker, Use the Team Approach »
March 02, 2011
- July 29 Seminar Series Lecture: Jianming Hu, MD,PhD, Guest Speaker from The Penn State University College of Medicine speaks on Virus - Cell Interactions in Hepatitis B Replication and Persistence
- Menegus featured in CLP Magazine
- Ziemba-Ball named Business and Financial Analyst
- Welcome new residents!
- New Patient Service Center location in Brockport